Wednesday 20 February 2008

Bday, VO2 & races

Well Phills Bfitday Tri is all done and dusted, you can see the write up here. Pop over to the site, read the report and have a browse. Maybe then you can sign up and do your own Bfitday Tri.

After the excess's of the 5k/34mile/4mile Tri on Sunday I had about 24hrs to recover enough for Mondays VO2 Max test at Exeter University. I've no idea if Sundays session affected my performance but the huge great pipe thing I had to breath through made it very hard work even at a low speed. I was quite disappointed with the speed I ended up stopping at as I should have been able to run faster, but my HR was pretty high and I managed a VO2 max of 69 which I think is reasonably good.

A bad nights sleep on Monday night followed by a 15hr day at work meant that I was far to stuffed to train on Tuesday night and the same was very nearly true for tonight until I got home and the dog twisted my arm into taking her out for a 4mile blast along the Tarka Trail.

The rest of the week will probably be pretty standard until Saturday when I pop back to Exeter Uni for a 10k treadmill blast (part of my VO2 pay off), that's followed on Sunday by my first multisport race of the year (Taunton Aquathlon) a 1k swim/10k run where I've a title to defend. Should be fun and hopefully this time I'll remember the camera and come back with some pics. Fingers crossed.

No comments: